This project was started in , electronics and control loops. Because I always need a cool project to learn new things, it was clear that something that can fly had to be built.
The project started as a "tricopter-only" project, but as I wanted to build smaller vehicles with more payload capacity, I decided to make some quadrotor, hexacopter and Y6 hexacopter firmwares too. My main interest is to build very small MAVs that fly as good as larger ones (or even better) and that can be controlled by wireless video link. I also experimented with autonomous flight in GPS-denied areas (video), and with GPS assisted autonomous hover (video).
-- William

Contact: Shrediquette @ g m x . d e --- All content published under CC Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 Germany

A new version of the tricopter is finished

News...:
A completely new version of the copter recently did it's first flight. I rebuilt chassis, electronics and replaced the battery. I was able to save 35% weight (996g -> 628g). Outdoor flight tests still have to be done. But I am really looking forward to that. Lowering the kinetic energy might significantly increase flight performance.
P.S.: In the meantime I did three outdoor flights: Absolutely great!! I can hardly believe that I built this thing on my own ;-D. Lots of power, very agile and absolutely precise and fun to fly!

Currently, I am working my way through the source code (cleaning up and adding comments), so I can post it here. The electronics circuit + PCB will also be made available.


2 comments:

  1. can u please put up schematics of the frame ; would like to get a better idea of the layers .

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am planning to put the schematics into the construction & set-up manual. But I am a bit busy at the moment...

    ReplyDelete