This project was started in , electronics and control loops. Because I always need a cool project to learn new things, it was clear that something that can fly had to be built.
The project started as a "tricopter-only" project, but as I wanted to build smaller vehicles with more payload capacity, I decided to make some quadrotor, hexacopter and Y6 hexacopter firmwares too. My main interest is to build very small MAVs that fly as good as larger ones (or even better) and that can be controlled by wireless video link. I also experimented with autonomous flight in GPS-denied areas (video), and with GPS assisted autonomous hover (video).
-- William

Contact: Shrediquette @ g m x . d e --- All content published under CC Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 Germany

Construction and set-up manual released

The set-up manual is finished (you'll find it at the top right of this blog). I tried to address all potential questions & difficulties, but I am sure I missed some. The manual will be improved when I get some feedback from you.

4 comments:

  1. Looks excellent - I have bought the parts and will be building during the Christmas Holiday. I will let you know how I get on.

    I would like to use an ATMega32 that I have already - if I change the def file name is the software likely to compile and work ok?

    regards Peter

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Peter,
    you can most likely use an Atmega32, but I would nevertheless recommend an arduino mini pro. It's cheap, small, light and handy. I assume that you know how to change the circuit and that you have Bascom + an ISP programmer? Because otherwise it will be complicated for you if I release new firmware.
    So my recommendation is: Pay some 14 Euros extra and get an Arduino.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks William.

    I have built a number of projects using processors from an ATMega16 to a 644P and BASCOM so I would not have any probelms (I hope) replacing the Arduino with a processor, crystal, etc. and programming using the ISP port.

    regards Peter

    ReplyDelete
  4. dalla svizzera LUGANO

    Grazie william per il set-up manual lo aspettavo con inpazienza molto ben descritto
    la costruzione del cubbo.
    ciao e scusa per litaliano.

    ReplyDelete