This project was started in November , electronics and control loops. Because I always need a cool project to learn new things, it was clear that something that can fly had to be built.
The project started as a "tricopter-only" project, but as I wanted to build smaller vehicles with more payload capacity, I decided to make some quadrotor, hexacopter and Y6 hexacopter firmwares too. My main interest is to build very small MAVs that fly as good as larger ones (or even better) and that can be controlled by wireless video link. I also experimented with autonomous flight in GPS-denied areas (video), and with GPS assisted autonomous hover (video). It would be cool to add more features to this project but I am pretty busy with my PhD research. But maybe one day I could combine my scientific interests with my hobby projects...
-- William

Contact: Shrediquette @ g m x . d e --- All content published under CC Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 Germany

Third place on the short film festival "Vilsflimmern"...!

On the 29th of july I went to the Vilsflimmern short film festival in southern germany. The people were really friendly and very nice (although sometimes hard to understand, they speak a very special german language version down there... ;-D). Ten short films out of around 40 submitted ones were selected and shown in the evening on a large screen.


Although the weather was really really bad (cold + rain), quite a number of people came to see the shorts.



Nr. 6 was finally my film, it was a strange feeling to see it on such a large screen with many people... Unfortunately, the sound system seemed to suffer from the rain, about one minute of my movie was played without sound... Also a strange feeling ;-D


Then the people from the Kulturverein Amberg announced the winners, and I was really suprised to hear my name! I got the third place for my movie, great!!


© Uwe Walzenbach 2011
There is also a small clip from the television with some details about the festival:

http://www.oberpfalz.tv/nachrichten/vilsflimmern.html
(the guy in green is me @42s remaining)

Both the second and the first place are also very nice movies:

2nd:
"Der Massl-Effekt" from Christopher Schlierf
http://vimeo.com/20965651

1st:
"Das Haus" from David Buob
http://www.dashaus-animation.de/dashaus-trailer.mp4



This is my contribution

2 comments:

  1. This tech you have created is an amazing tool for artists(and spys) all around. You took some wonderful shots of the wildlife/landscapes, and a different rare perspective of the people there. The application of this device can and will be used. Great Job. I'm more then excited about it because I and a colleague of mine were attempting something very very similar a few years past, but things got in the way of our plans. Plan on some friendly competition good sir(s).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice flying! great work.... or should I say play....
    Use some foam around the gopro and it will get rid of that rolling shutter.
    Have you seen my video from Botswana?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nfrJl34rnXA

    Best regards

    -Christo

    ReplyDelete