Ever since I built my first tricopter, I wanted to build a canopy that somehow resembles the Limulus, an impressive animal that seems to have survived from the primeval times... In 2008, I started to draw some 3D canopies for the DLX tricopter but never finished them.
Here are some pictures of the GEMïNï and early prototypes:
I am currently putting together a list of all the things I need for the new copter. I will use the Shrediquette xMega controller with the MPU gyroscopes / accelerometers. Hopefully the copter will be finished in the first quarter of 2013. After finishing this copter, I will most likely take a slightly longer break from my hobbies.