This project was started in , electronics and control loops. Because I always need a cool project to learn new things, it was clear that something that can fly had to be built.
The project started as a "tricopter-only" project, but as I wanted to build smaller vehicles with more payload capacity, I decided to make some quadrotor, hexacopter and Y6 hexacopter firmwares too. My main interest is to build very small MAVs that fly as good as larger ones (or even better) and that can be controlled by wireless video link. I also experimented with autonomous flight in GPS-denied areas (video), and with GPS assisted autonomous hover (video).
-- William

Contact: Shrediquette @ g m x . d e --- All content published under CC Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 Germany

QRC5 first flights

Today was the first "garden flight" of the QRC5. It flies really great and has tons of power (4s motors + 2300 kV motors drawing 12.5 Amps each at full throttle). Due to some modifications in the code of my flightcontroller, it is more smooth and responsive (sounds like a contradiction, but is isn't!) than ever before...: I am using kiss escs with "oneshot" enabled. That means that these set the speed of the motor according to a 125 - 250 microseconds PWM input pulse. My code automatically determines how long the calculations of the control loop take and then synchronizes itself with the PWM pulse. This results in a minimum lag between reading the sensors and reacting to them. Furthermore, I also calculate the velocity of the throttle stick and add it to the motor output. This gives a very good response to throttle commands (something like feed forward). I will soon also include the accelerometer to further enhance this. Now I need to 3d mill the moulds for the canopy, and then I am ready for the first aerial grand prix in Germany / Saarland!
Next week I will practice for this event, actually I have flown only five battery packs this year... This needs to increase!

1 comment: