A new version of the tricopter is finished

A completely new version of the copter recently did it's first flight. I rebuilt chassis, electronics and replaced the battery. I was able to save 35% weight (996g -> 628g). Outdoor flight tests still have to be done. But I am really looking forward to that. Lowering the kinetic energy might significantly increase flight performance.
P.S.: In the meantime I did three outdoor flights: Absolutely great!! I can hardly believe that I built this thing on my own ;-D. Lots of power, very agile and absolutely precise and fun to fly!

Currently, I am working my way through the source code (cleaning up and adding comments), so I can post it here. The electronics circuit + PCB will also be made available.


  1. can u please put up schematics of the frame ; would like to get a better idea of the layers .

  2. I am planning to put the schematics into the construction & set-up manual. But I am a bit busy at the moment...


Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

My 15 inch long-range setup for 2020 (with CAD files)

Part 1/3: Side Force Generators (SFGs) in FPV Racing

Aerodynamics in racing multirotors!

Part 2/3: Side force generators - Forces and turning

Finished I²C to PWM converter and TriGUIDE mini