CAD design, manufacturing + test flight of an FPV racing airplane

I wanted to create a small FPV racing aircraft that has a good performance on small racing tracks with FAI gates. So I created this bimotor airplane. The yaw control makes it very agile. I am using a flight controller with iNAV firmware to stabilize all axes.
The aileron servos are much too slow (0.1s/45°), so it was hard to tune. They will be replaced now with faster ones (0.05s/60°).
Propellers are 4 x4.5 inch, motors are xnova 1407 - 3100kV, Lipo is 1Ah, 4s.
I like the results, and I am looking forward to fly it on race tracks with a lot of gates.
Watch this video to see a timelapse of the design and milling process, followed by some inflight clips:








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My 15 inch long-range setup for 2020 (with CAD files)

Part 1/3: Side Force Generators (SFGs) in FPV Racing

Finished I²C to PWM converter and TriGUIDE mini

Part 2/3: Side force generators - Forces and turning

Aerodynamics in racing multirotors!